And Now, Some Strange Things That Are Illegal Around The State
You have always heard about states having crazy laws, well, Missouri has a few on the books, too! Some of these are absolutely ridiculous.
Here's hoping you're not in violation.
1. Mole, Missouri - Frightening a baby is against the law. I wonder what brought this one this far. Someone must have been a serial baby scarer.
2. Natchez, Missouri - Providing beer or any other kind of intoxicant to an elephant is strictly forbidden. Now giraffes, hippopotamus? Those are fine. But keep that elephant out of the bar!
3. St. Louis, Missouri - A milkman cannot run while on duty. I guess it's to... make sure he doesn't drop the milk?
4. University City, Missouri -Houses may not have lights on them that shine into the window of a neighbor’s house. Also in University City it is illegal for four women to share an apartment together.
5. Columbia, Missouri - Clotheslines are illegal. Though clotheslines are banned, clothes may be draped over a fence. Sure, this seems... strange. But maybe someone got caught in a clothesline? Or maybe the town is run by a conspiracy of dryer salesmen?
6. Purdy, Missouri - Dancing is strictly prohibited. Somebody call Kevin Bacon!
7. Marquette, Missouri - It is illegal there to have more than four unrelated persons living in one house. So even if I have a five bedroom house and need some rent help... too bad, sucka! You're goin down!
8. Marceline, Missouri - Minors can buy rolling paper and tobacco but not lighters. I guess it's to stop them from using it...but why allow them to buy tobacco in the first place?! And what's to stop them from buying matches instead?
Anyway, I got a giggle out of some of those. My dad told me once there is a law in Sedalia that says it's illegal to dress up in a squirrel suit and spit on the sidewalk, but I don't know if that's true. What kind of crazy laws have you heard of?