BBQ Contest Returns to The Cabin Fever Sport Show
The Jones Bros. Marine Cabin Fever BBQ Contest is returning Saturday, February 7 at the Missouri State Fairgrounds Mathewson Exhibition Center.
Here is a timeline and list of categories you will be judged on.
- Open Registration 8:00am
- Start Cooking 9:00am
- Chicken Thighs 3:00pm
- Pork Steaks 3:30pm
- Beef Ribs 4:00pm
- Appetizer of Your Choice 4:30pm
The Appetizer will be a people's choice award. It is also important to know that times may vary based on participation. Contestants will be notified of any time changes the morning of the event.
Here are a list of all the rules:
- Entry fee is $50 before you start cooking
- All proceeds will benefit BIKERS AGAINST CHILD ABUSE® or B.A.C.A.® in the Sedalia area.
- Trophies will be awarded to first thru third in the meat categories
- A first place trophy will be awarded to People's Choice/Appetizer winner
- BBQ sauce is allowed
- Containers will be provided
- Electricity will be provided (bring your own extension cords)
- Judges will score on appearance, taste, and tenderness
- We will have eight judges
- We will need four servings per container
- Grill may be electric assisted
- NO GAS GRILLS AND NO LIGHTER FLUID
- All meat will be inspected before you cook
- No pre work or prep for the food before the contest
For more information contact Derrick Gill at 660-826-1050 or email Derrick.Gill@Townsquaremedia.com.