Compared to March of Last Year, This One Has to Be Better!
The number one thing that comes to mind when you say March 2020 is the announcement of COVID 19 rolling into different states across the U.S. On March 7, 2020, Missouri reported it's first case of the coronavirus.
So in 2021, vaccines for the virus are the new norm and we move forward with brighter expectations. Here's some of the things to look forward to this month:
- We start Daylight Saving Time on March 14. We spring forward this month and after the crazy winter weather we experienced earlier this year, I'd say we're all ready for it even if it does mean adjusting to the time change.
- March Madness-Finally we're going to have the annual basketball event taking place again. It runs March 18th-April 5th. Covid was the culprit for it's cancellation last year. Last year's cancellation was the first time it wasn't played since it starteed in 1939.
- We finally get to watch the Grammy Awards. After being cancelled in January, they take place on March 14th. Then a day later it's the announcement of the Oscar nominees.
- We get back to some great viewing on TV and the big screen. On March 1 "The Voice" returns...Sunday, March 7-"Good Girls", and on March 10-"The Masked Singer". But here's the big one..."Godzilla vs. King Kong" hits the movie theaters and HBO Max on March 31st.
- And last but not least...the holidays. St. Patrick's Day on the 17th, and on March 27th, Passover starts..
So we definitely have enough to keep smiling. Oh by the way, did I mention that Spring returns on Saturday, March 20!