Here’s What Wine You Should Drink with Your Favorite Halloween Candy
To help you celebrate your pre-Halloween candy eating, here's a list of what WINE you should pair with your favorite Halloween candy. Happy Friday!
I'm proud of the fact that I haven't bought any Halloween candy yet. Cos you know what would happen, we'd just eat now. And not that I'm a wine expert or anything, but I did find some tips online to make the experience even better. So here you go, here are some wines that go great with your candy stash.
1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Sherry. The raisin, caramel, and almond flavors of the Sherry help enhance the creamy peanut butter filling.
2. M&Ms and Port wine. The dark, sweet, black fig and dried fruit notes of Port counter-balances the milk chocolate in M&Ms.
3. Hershey Kisses and Zinfandel. It contrasts the creamy milk chocolate with ripe berry flavors, and will supposedly turn every bite into a, quote, "raspberry cordial on the palate."
4. Twix or Almond Joy and the Portuguese wine Madeira. Coconut and caramel both complement the brown sugar nuttiness of Madeira.
5. Sour Patch Kids or Sweet Tarts and Riesling. The sweetness of the Riesling counters the candy's tartness, and finishes with a cleansing kick of acidity.
6. Whoppers and a bold Cabernet Sauvignon. Whoppers need a wine with depth to keep from being overpowered by all the malt and chocolate.
7. Candy Corn and Moscato. The sugar in the candy corn amps up the fruitiness in the Moscato, and both taste better as a result.
There you have it! Try some of 'em out and see what you think. Let me know what works! Or, you can tell me what kind of drinks you like with your Halloween candy, that's good, too. Tell me what you think!