PCHS Public Health Advisory Updates
The following is a press release from the Pettis County Health Center.
Upon expiration of the Face Covering Rule at 12:01 am, May 12, 2021, the following Public Health Advisory shall go into effect. All residents and visitors to Pettis County are strongly encouraged to follow the practices listed below in order to continue to slow the spread of the virus causing COVID-19.
1. Wear a face covering in accordance with the guidelines from the Center for Disease Control. Face coverings should continue to be worn indoors. Face coverings no longer need to be worn in small groups when everyone present is fully vaccinated or in most outdoor activities except for very large gatherings such as concerts or professional sporting events.
2. Stay at home when ill. Be tested for the COVID-19 if symptoms include cough, fever, headache, body aches, change/loss of sense of taste and/or smell, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
3. Be tested for COVID-19 approximately 5 days after close contact with a known positive case of COVID-19
4. Maintain social distance of 6 feet when indoors in larger groups, particularly when unvaccinated individuals are present or vaccination status is unknown
5. Receive a COVID-19 vaccination. There are multiple locations and times available throughout the county. Pettis County Health Center will conduct walk in clinics on Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. Bothwell Regional Health Center, Katy Trail Community Health and area pharmacies are all locations where vaccine is available.
Individual businesses and organizations may require a face covering in order to receive service through that organization or business. Each facility may make the decision about what procedures that facility wishes to follow. There is no enforcement component to this Public Health Advisory. The guidelines from CDC are updated regularly. The CDC website at www.cdc.gov provides the most up to date information, based upon new information from on going research. The Public Health Advisory will be updated when there is a significant change in the CDC guidance. For additional information on the situation regarding cases in Missouri, visit www.health.mo.gov. For additional information on the vaccine situation, please visit www.MOStopsCOVID.com For additional information regarding the situation in Pettis County, visit the Pettis County Facebook page or website at www.pettiscountyhealthcenter.com Weekly updates are distributed every Monday through Nixle from the Pettis County Sheriff’s Department.