Still Some Scorching August Days Left?
While we've yet to experience many dog days of summer, you know we still have plenty of hot days in store in August and on in to early September. If you're just outside during the day, maybe we can help with some ways to cool off.
According to a story from WebMD.com, here are some of the ways to help you to feel cooler:
- Dress Lightly You of course want to not only dress lightly when you venture out into the heat but also wear the right fabric. Cotton is a good choice, and of course, keep it light with one layer. The lighter the color, the better.
- Take A Cool Shower Before you head out or after you've been in the heat, jump in the shower. The cooler the better. You can also try warm water after the cool water shower because you cool down as the water evaporates from your skin and hair.
- Wear Sunscreen If you have a sunburn, it's hard for your skin to cool off. Also, try wearing a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Ease Into It If you haven't been out in the heat for awhile, take your time. Let your body adjust to hotter temps. If you feel faint, get into a shady area and/or into a cooler room.
- Avoid The Caffeine Your morning cup of Joe can help kickstart your morning but it can also raise your body temperature. Consuming caffeine in the heat may not be the best choice of fluids. Remember there's also caffeine in chocolate, tea, sodas, and sports drinks. Water is always your best bet to stay hydrated.